Thursday, May 17, 2012

Wine Glass Display case

For Christmas last year my mom asked for a set of white and red wine glasses. The ones they had didnt match and they are wine lovers. So I got this great idea! I wanted to get them wine glasses in a display case- so that it would be easier to give to them and to travel with. I looked all over the internet and in stores and didnt find anything, so I thought I better just make one. I bought a pine box at Hobby Lobby (one with a lid) and removed all the hinges and screws. I painted the whole outside of the box black and inside this gorgeous merlot color. I bought stencils there also and painted the flower in the middle on off white. Measuring the top of the box, my boyfriend made a frame out of wood to fit the top, and Hobby Lobby cut some glass for me. I used Armor Etch to etch out my Mom and her new husbands last names, and the date they got married. After painting the top as well I replaced all the hinges and it was done. It wasnt too hard, and it looked beautiful. I ended up making one for my best friend also so, not for wine glasses, but for her to put wedding memories in- They both loved their gifts :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment