Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Alcohol Inked Vase


Alcohol Inked vase.. I got the Idea from the projects list on Michaels.com.. I decided a few days ago that I was tired of having my straws in a drawer and difficult to grab, I saw this and thought its the perfect solution. A piece of art to hold them in. A sophisticated way to contain my childish love of straws.  

You need:

A vase
Alcohol Ink (usually found in scrapbooking section)
Alcohol blending solution
Paper Plate
Paper towels
Spray bottle (optional)

Make sure you wash the vase first and remove any stickers. Place it ontop of paper plate to catch the mess. If you get any on your counter- the blending solution will get rid of it, just pour a few drops on and let sit for about 30 seconds and wipe off with towel.

Open up the ink and start dripping it down the side, any way you want. Its your art. Go all the way around until covered. Let sit for about 5 minutes.

With the blending solution, your going to either put it in a spray bottle, or just squirt it down the side in certain places to blend the colors where you would like them blended.

Once done, let it sit for about 30 minutes. You can either bake the vase @350 for about 5-10 minutes. Or you can spray with Varnish. The varnish will need about 24-48 to completely dry. Make sure you dont use too much- as it will get heavy and pull down color.

Voila! You can use your vase for anything, I chose straws because I wanted a place to put them that would look nice in my kitchen. Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment